View the webinar recording below that includes an extensive Q&A session. After viewing the webinar recording, please fill out our webinar evaluation form.
Resources featured in this webinar:
- Access and download posted slides from this webinar at the bottom of this landing page.
- More information about the NLG Tech Task Force.
- Contact Leila Toplic.
- NLG Tech Summit 2018.
- Sign up for the Task Force.
- Review past webinars in the NLG Tech Task Force series.
- Submit recommendations for future webinars.
Can't Wait to Learn is providing game-based curriculum to educate children in Sudan, Jordan and Lebanon.
Join us for a virtual convening co-hosted by the NLG Tech Task Force and INEE, and featuring the Can't Wait to Learn program which brings innovative learning opportunities to children whose education is suffering due to conflicts in the Middle East and Africa.
Can't Wait to Learn is a collaboration between War Child, Ministries of Education in Sudan, Jordan, and Lebanon, Ahfad University for Women, Butterfly Works, NRC, and UNICEF Sudan, and financially supported by the Dutch National Postcode Lottery, IKEA Foundation, Google.org, Cisco Foundation, USAID, and UNICEF.
In the Can’t Wait to Learn program, children learn math, Arabic, and other subjects by playing educational games on tablets. The custom-made games are based on the curricula from the Sudanese, Jordanian, and Lebanese Ministries of Education. They include instructional videos, practice lessons, and a learning management system. A professional development program for teachers supports integration of the educational games into the local curriculum. Can’t Wait to Learn currently operates in Jordan, Lebanon, and Sudan, with Uganda now coming on board. By the end of 2020, Can’t Wait to Learn hopes to reach 170,000 children in conflict-affected regions in the Middle East, and Africa.
Key takeaways for attendees:
- What to consider when introducing game-based education technology programs in new contexts and with partners;
- Examples of how Can’t Wait to Learn is supporting learning for refugee and host communities in Jordan, Lebanon, Sudan, and Uganda and how these examples can be applied to other contexts;
- Partnerships Can’t Wait to Learn has, and is developing, with public and private sector organizations to facilitate effective scale-up, including opportunities for others to partner with Can’t Wait to Learn;
- Next steps and path to scale.
Kate Radford, Program Director, Can’t Wait to Learn
Tilal Salih, Humanitarian Education and Innovation, UNICEF International
Massa Mufti, co-founder and Managing Director, Sonbola Group for Education and Development, Lebanon
Nisreen Ibrahim, Program Manager, Can’t Wait to Learn, Lebanon
Leila Toplic, NLG Tech Task Force