View the webinar recording below that includes an extensive Q&A session. After viewing the webinar recording, please fill out our webinar evaluation form.
Resources featured in this webinar:
- Access and download posted slides from this webinar at the bottom of this landing page.
- More information about the NLG Tech Task Force.
- Contact Leila Toplic.
- NLG Tech Summit 2018.
- Sign up for the Task Force.
- Review past webinars in the NLG Tech Task Force series.
- Submit recommendations for future webinars.
- Microsoft Educator Community
Join us on January 18 for the first NLG Tech Task Force webinar of 2018! We are featuring Skype in the Classroom: a free, global program that helps connect educators with learning resources around the world. Expert guest speakers, virtual field trips, and classroom collaborations are just a few of the resources available to teachers to help connect their students with global classrooms, and acquire 21st century skills.
In this webinar, you will learn how to join Skype’s global community and how to set up virtual connections. Members of the Skype for Good and Skype in the Classroom teams will share how Skype can help displaced students and communities connect virtually to educational resources by inviting experts into their classrooms online; participating in live virtual field trips; and collaborating with other classrooms around the world.
Scheduled speakers include two Egyptian educators, Soheir Zaki Abdel-Fattah and Rania Ezzat Al-sayed, who will share their students’ experiences with Skype in the Classroom, and their observations about how it has changed their perception of the world and broadened their horizons. Emma Naas, a Swedish Educator, will share her experience connecting her classroom with the Kakuma Refugee Camp, and how she has volunteered to offer lessons via Skype to support refugee students’ education as part of her mission for quality in education for all.
Key Takeaways for Attendees:
- How to use the Skype in the Classroom program to support displaced students;
- How you can join the global community of Skype in the Classroom;
- Connectivity requirements for Skype in the Classroom;
- Getting started with classroom sessions.
Leila Toplic, NLG Tech Task Force Lead
Ross Smith, Director, Skype for Good (USA)
Iro Stefopoulou, Community and Partnerships, Skype in the Classroom (UK)
Soheir Zaki Abdel-Fattah, Educator, MIE Expert and Skype Master Teacher (Egypt)
Rania Ezzat Al-sayed, Educator, MIE Expert and Skype Master Teacher (Egypt)
Emma Naas, English Teacher, Teach SDGs and Kakuma Project Ambassador, MIE Fellow, Skype Master Teacher and European Label Award winner (Sweden)