After viewing the webinar recording please fill out our anonymous webinar evaluation.
Resources featured in this webinar
- Presentation Slides from this webinar
- Q&A document with answers to questions that were not answered due to lack of time.
- NetHope's No Lost Generation Tech Task Force
- Review and share resources including past webinars.
- Sign up for the No Lost Generation Tech Task Force.
- Review past webinars in the No Lost Generation Tech Task Force series.
- Submit recommendations for future webinars.
- Youth highlights.
- Private Sector Engagement Guide for the No Lost Generation initiative.
Join us for our newest No Lost Generation Tech Task Force webinar to learn how Mercy Corps and Cisco, along with a number of other partners and supporters, are working together to provide crisis-affected people around the world with critical information and resources through the Signpost Initiative.
Signpost was developed in 2015 to address the pressing need for reliable information amongst migrants and asylum seekers arriving in Greece and the Balkans. Since its inception, Signpost has expanded to seven countries and served over 700,000 individuals, providing connectivity and user-focused information in Arabic, Farsi, Pashto, Urdu, French, Spanish, and English through an ever-expanding set of channels, including a website, Facebook page, Instagram, blog, and mobile app. Each site provides up-to-date information on legal rights, accommodation, transportation, medical facilities, educational resources, and more. Signpost is supported by Cisco, Google, Microsoft, and Trip Advisor.
- Lessons learned about transitioning a program developed in an emergency response to a scalable, sustainable initiative with applicability to a broad set of contexts;
- Exploring how Signpost partners have worked collaboratively to create and define a new type of partnership building off complementary strengths, while engaging private sector partners;
- Answering questions regarding rolling out a digital information dissemination and community tool with a protective mainstreaming lens;
- Opportunities to partner with Signpost in MENA, Europe, and South America.
Leila Toplic, NLG Tech Task Force
Meghann Rhynard-Geil, Technology for Development Advisor at Mercy Corps
Erin Connor, Public Benefit Investment Program Manager at Cisco Foundation
|Alex Horowitz, International Rescue Committee Regional Signpost Coordinator, Europe and North Africa|