View the webinar recording below that includes an extensive Q&A session. After viewing the webinar recording, please fill out our webinar evaluation form.
Resources featured in this webinar
- Access and download posted slides from this webinar at the bottom of this landing page.
- Article by Leila Toplic: A different approach to building solutions for humanitarian challenges.
- More information about the NLG Tech Task Force.
- Sign up for the Task Force.
- Save the Children report.
- INEE's ICT Inventory
- INEE TECTT Webinar - EdTech in Emergencies: What the evidence shows us (Meeting number (access code): 599 988 200 Meeting password: BgsrrKCr)
- Future of Work: Strategies For Creating an Inclusive Future For All
- The future of work centenary initiative
- NLG Private Sector Engagement Guide.
- Contact Leila Toplic, NLG Tech Task Force Lead.
Tim Unwin, UNESCO Chair in ICT4D, will share the findings from “The future of learning and technology in deprived contexts” report commissioned by Save the Children International. The report looks forward to 2020 and 2025, and addresses three main issues:
- The future of basic education;
- ICT use in deprived locations;
- the use of ICTs in primary school learning, especially in deprived contexts.
For those who are working to support children and youth displaced by conflict, the report provides insights into a set of likely roles of ICTs for education specifically in short-term acute crises, and also in long term protracted crises.
Peter Transburg, Senior Communications Coordinator at INEE (Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies) will introduce the new ICT Inventory for Education in Emergencies. The ICT Inventory is an interactive online database of technology resources for delivering quality education in crisis contexts. This resource is designed for use by education in emergencies providers and education technology tools developers. You will learn how your organizations can benefit from and contribute to the ICT Inventory.
Leila Toplic, NLG Tech Task Force Lead
Tim Unwin, UNESCO Chair in ICT4D and Emeritus Professor of Geography, Royal Holloway, University of London
Peter Transburg, Senior Communications Coordinator at INEE, Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE)
Photo: Lagadikia Greece - August 25 2016: Children sit on stairs in the refugee camp of Lagadikia some 40km North of Thessaloniki during the visit of UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi