After viewing the webinar recording, please take a few seconds to fill out our webinar evaluation. Thanks!
Resources Shared in this Webinar
- Presentation slides
- 4 observations from the AI4G discussions at ICT4D
- NetHope workshop at AI for Good Summit in Geneva on May 31st (all invited)
- Microsoft AI4HA resources (public)
- Microsoft AI4HA resources (for NetHope members)
- NetHope members can sign up for AI Working Group
- We also encourage other thought leaders in the space – technologists, humanitarian agencies, academic institutions, philanthropic organizations – to contact us to become involved
Data is a crucial component of any AI solution. Machine Learning (ML) algorithms learn from data so it is important to have the right data for the problem you want to solve. Even if your organization may not be ready to start building AI applications, at a minimum you need to start preparing sufficient amounts of high-quality data to be used for future AI solutions.
In this session, Ria Sankar from Microsoft will review the process for getting your data ready for AI, including:
- Steps for preparing data (text, images, video, audio) for AI, from defining what data you need and collecting data from different sources (e.g., internal, public, etc.) to data cleanup, storage, and ongoing data maintenance.
- Ethics and bias in data:
- How bias impacts data in AI and how to prevent it
- Description of Microsoft's ethical design principles and how to embed them in an AI system
- Understanding “FATE” - Fairness, Accountability, Trust, and Ethics in the context of AI
Ria Sankar, Program Management & Analytics, Microsoft
Leila Toplic, Lead for Emerging Technologies Working Group, NetHope