After viewing the webinar recording, please take a few seconds to fill out our webinar evaluation survey (linked above).
Resources featured in this webinar
- Access & download the presentation slides from this webinar.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the potential to radically transform the way the international development community solves humanitarian, development, and conservation challenges. Applying AI in the work NetHope members do - from emergency response and refugee education to health diagnostics and poverty eradication - represents an incredible opportunity to enhance existing programs and create solutions that are more effective than ever before.
In this session, we'll focus on addressing a few key questions such as:
- What is AI? What is Machine Learning?
- What problems can AI / ML solve today?
- What are the benefits of using AI in international development? What are the barriers and issues?
- What are some of the examples of applied AI across humanitarian and development context?
- How can humanitarian sector influence the development and use of AI?
This session is designed to be an introduction to AI and AI for Good, and a primer for NetHope Global Summit where we have planned three in-person sessions focused on AI for Good. In this session, we’ll share more about what we have planned for the Summit and introduce AI for Good speakers.
AI for Good plenary
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018; 9:30 AM - 10:15 AM
Human-Centered, Ethical AI
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018; 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
AI for Good workshop (registration closed)
Date: Fri, Nov 9, 2018; 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Leila Toplic, No Lost Generation Tech Task Force, NetHope
Craig Jolley, Senior Data Scientist, USAID