After viewing the webinar recording, please take a few seconds of your time and help us make our webinar series even better. Many thanks!
- Presentation slides
- ICT4D Conference Podcast
- ICT4D Webinar Series
- CenHealth Academy
- Article: More must happen
- FREE to attend: Virtual ICT4D Partnerships Conference
2020 has undoubtably seen a major acceleration of digital technology used in humanitarian and Covid-19 response and to support global development goals.
This webinar reviews some of the key digital innovations we have seen play an increasing role this year, including Artificial Intelligence and big data trends in e-health, innovations in social and behavior change communication, and new use cases for drones. Our diverse speaker panel will discuss those digital technology trends, share practical examples, and predict what the next year will hold for those emerging technologies.
- Digital acceleration due to Covid-19: Summary of ICT priorities, main challenges, and key strategic changes due to Covid-19 from interviews with CIOs and CTOs about their digital transformation journey’s so far. Sonja Ruetzel, ICT4D Partnerships & Conference Manager, Catholic Relief Services
- Emerging e-health/ Artificial Intelligence trends in Africa: Overview of trends and innovations in digital health in Africa, especially around AI and machine learning applications, barriers and opportunities. Joel Ugborogho, Founder, Cenhealth
- Innovation in Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC): Gamified large-scale social behavior change campaigns through path-based audio learning games in local languages for simple mobile phones. Lukas Borkowski, Director of European Partnerships, Viamo
- Use cases of drones in COVID response around the world: Exploring various examples of drones uses, from contactless delivery of aid supplies, PPE, or Covid-19 tests, to more controversial or hyped applications of drones to support Covid-19 responses. Miriam McNabb, Editor-in-Chief, DRONELIFE
- Discussion & Future Outlook: what are the ICT priorities and expected digital trends for 2021?
Webinar attendees are encouraged to ask questions and join the debate.
Joel Ugborogho, Founder, Cenhealth
Lukas Borkowski, Director of European Partnerships, Viamo
Miriam McNabb, Editor-in-Chief, DRONELIFE
Sonja Ruetzel, ICT4D Partnerships and Conference Manager, Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Joel Ugborogho, Joel is Founder and CEO of CenHealth, a health technology company that specialises in digital health services and health technology solutions by leveraging emerging technologies; Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Blockchain, Mobile apps and Cloud Computing. With over 20 years of global experience under his belt in the areas of Technology Strategy, IT Portfolio Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Digital Transformation and Emerging Technologies. His skills and expertise have allowed him to thrive in the developed markets of UK, Europe and the US and deliver impact across various industries in emerging economies throughout East, South and West Africa. Joel is also a keynote speaker with a unique approach to mapping the relevant, viable technology strategy and solutions to an organisation’s business objectives, strategy, challenges and problem statements. His presentations are insightful, innovative and motivational in content. Joel holds an MSc Information Systems Development from the London School of Economics (LSE) and a BSc in Biochemistry. He is also a certified Practitioner in PRINCE2, P3O and COBIT5.
Lukas Borkowski, Director of European Partnerships, Viamo. Lukas is a digital for development strategist and the Director of European Partnerships at Viamo where he co-creates high-impact mobile engagement programs with European partners and local Viamo teams in 30+ countries across Africa and Asia. In the context of COVID, he has helped INGOs, contractors and donors adapt their SBCC strategies to new realities through appropriate digital solutions for even remote target groups with a focus on IVR and inclusivity.
Miriam McNabb, Editor-in-Chief, DRONELIFE. Miriam is Editor-in-Chief of DRONELIFE and CEO of JobForDrones, a professional drone services marketplace, and a fascinated observer of the emerging drone industry, and the regulatory environment for drones. Miriam has penned over 3,000 articles focused on the commercial drone space and is an international speaker and recognized figure in the industry. Miriam has a degree from the University of Chicago and over 20 years of experience in high tech sales and marketing for new technologies.
Sonja Ruetzel, ICT4D Partnerships and Conference Manager, Catholic Relief Services (CRS). Sonja is leading the ICT4D Conference (currently in its Virtual Edition) on behalf of CRS and co-facilitating this monthly webinar series. Before joining the Global Knowledge and Information Management team at CRS, she was the Event & Program Director of the Aid & International Development Forum (AIDF). Sonja has over 15 years’ experience researching and managing global conferences, training courses, webinars, as well as reports and whitepapers in a wide range of industries, including finance, legal, health, technology, public, and nonprofit sectors. Prior to following her passion for professional development events, Sonja worked as researcher and editor at consultancy Control Risks. She holds a Master’s degree in Public Policy and Management from University of Constance, Germany.