View the webinar recording below that includes an extensive Q&A session. After viewing the webinar recording, please fill out our webinar evaluation form.
Resources featured in this webinar:
- Access and download posted slides from this webinar at the bottom of this landing page.
- More information about the NLG Tech Task Force.
- Contact Leila Toplic.
- NLG Tech Summit 2018.
- Sign up for the Task Force.
- Review past webinars in the NLG Tech Task Force series.
- Submit recommendations for future webinars.
- Microsoft Educator Community
- USAID page on Digital Development (new tab)
- Overview of Accenture's response to refugee crisis (new tab)
- USAID page on Mobiles for Education Alliance (new tab)
- Education presentations at the 2017 ICT4D Conference (new tab)
- YouTube video: EVOKE—Leaders for Literacy (new tab)
- World Bank Group: Developing Skills in Youth to Solve the World’s Most Complex Problems (new tab)
- ICT Inventory for Education in Emergencies page (new tab)
- World Bank Open Data page (new tab)
This session showcases Accenture’s Response to the Refugee Crisis, with several examples.
Accenture has leveraged expertise and resources from throughout the company in its humanitarian efforts. For example: The company is providing consulting services to NGOs, governments, and foundations, with the goal to support those affected along the entire refugee journey. Accenture’s Corporate Citizenship team provides global giving, skills-to-succeed, and mentoring, as well as HR and recruitment solutions.
The webinar will feature two of Accenture’s nonprofit partners working to meet the needs of refugees in the United States and Finland. These are exemplars of the types of partnerships NLG Tech Task Force members may form with Accenture.
In the United States, Upwardly Global worked with Accenture to help refugees access community support, and learn much-needed skills. More than 550 refugees completed training and close to 300 found full-time employment.
In Finland, Accenture supported the Finnish Red Cross to start a “fast track employment” pilot project to recognize skills, and place refugees in roles with “on-the-job-learning.” So far, more than 1,550 skills and experience assessments have been done on asylum seekers, companies have conducted more than 650 on-the-job-learning sessions, and more than 110 have found jobs in Finland.
Key Takeaways for Attendees:
- A guide to get started guide with Accenture’s Response to the Refugee Crisis;
- Examples of how Accenture and partnering organizations are supporting refugees;
- Opportunities to partner.
Leila Toplic, NLG Tech Task Force
Alper Yurder, Humanitarian Domain Lead, Accenture Development Partnerships
Wendy L. Chan, Business Strategy Senior Manager, Accenture Health & Public Service
Tomi Nummi, Nordic Lead, Accenture Development Partnerships
Allie Levinsky, National Director of Technical Assistance, Upwardly Global
Miska Keskinen, Project Manager, Finnish Red Cross