The Potential and Promise of ICT4D Partnerships was the first in our NetHope Solutions Center ICT4D Webinar Series organized with Catholic Relief Services and the ICT4D Conference. It provided an overview of the innovative potential of partnerships between the private and public sectors. Representatives from Catholic Relief Services, Dimagi, Orange Group, and the Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL) shared insights and lessons learned from their collaborative models
As partnerships between civil society and the private sector are moving from philanthropy to creating shared value, new opportunities are arising. This webinar covered an in-depth case study that examined why and how Catholic Relief Services is partnering with software company, Dimagi, to centrally manage and implement an institutional-wide ICT4D solution. Mobile network operator Orange detailed new collaborative models, and what makes an ICT4D partnership successful. The presentation concluded with an introduction of DIAL, and their work at the United Nations Foundation to facilitate partnerships in the digital development space.
Topics discussed included:
- Detailed answers to the basic question: Why partner?
- The most common pitfalls in building and maintaining ICT4D partnerships, and how to overcome them.
- Create inclusive shared values in your partnerships, not just for the partners but also for the communities.
- How can the ICT4D community better collaborate around research, innovation and implementation?
- How to improve the facilitation of ICT4D partnerships through joint presentation of technical and people skills.
- What are organizations doing to improve diplomacy and partnership skills? What works?
View the webinar recording that includes an extensive Q&A session:
A PDF of the presentation slides, and collateral material for The Potential and Promise of ICT4D Partnerships can be found on the webinar landing page.