NetHope COVID-19 Resources Page
This page will be updated regularly as new information becomes available.
As COVID-19 continues to spread across the globe, NetHope and its member organizations are monitoring its effects and the impact it is having on our collective work. NetHope is aggregating resources from and for our member organizations that may be helpful in their various programs and projects framed toward assisting during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have resources to share, please email us for inclusion. And watch the recording of our NetHope COVID-19 Response: Member Information Call from Friday, March 13.
NetHope is collecting information on your organization's needs in response to COVID-19. Please take a few minutes to tell us what challenges you are having in terms of workforce, information management, programing, supply chain, or any other areas. We will use this information to guide our work in supporting members and also use it to inform our donors on how they can best support our collective efforts. Respond here. Feel free to share with others in your organization.
NETHOPE MEMBER RESPONSE INFORMATION
- NetHope COVID-19 Response: Member Information Calls Available to NetHope Members only
- Direct Relief's Medical Aid Distribution Map
General Resources and Information
OFFERS AND DISCOUNTS
Available to all nonprofits
- ImpactCloud's COVID-19 Support for Nonprofits
- Box Resources for our Nonprofit Community to handle the impact of COVID-19
- F5 Networks: Free Resources for Websites Impacted by COVID-19 & A message from F5 March 18, 2020
- Microsoft - (also see Microsoft section below)
- resource guide for nonprofits https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE4tlIR
- is offering Office 365 E1 for 6 months for nonprofit volunteers. Office 365 E1 includes Teams as well as email, file storage and more
- Dropbox is offering free Dropbox Business subscriptions for a three-month period to nonprofits and NGOs that are focused on fighting COVID-19.
- Adobe is offering their virtual meeting tool, Adobe Connect for free for 90 days (article). Adobe Connect COVID19 Offer.
- Through Health Cloud, Salesforce is offering free access for qualified emergency response teams, call centers and care management teams for health systems affected by coronavirus.
- NewRelic has created a stand-alone page for COVID. Sign-up for their free services there.
- To help teams collaborate while employees are away from the office, Quip Starter will be available for free to any Salesforce customer or non-profit organization through September 30, 2020.
- Cisco Webex available free in these countries (COVID-19 Response).
- Flexport.org is offering lower cost logistics needs in the US or globally. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic Signature Solutions:
- Additional information can on free offerings from technology companies can be found in this list.
Exclusive to NetHope Members Offers
- In-kind access to the Box CCM (Cloud Content Management) platform to any member working directly on COVID-19 response, mitigation, etc. Email email@example.com
- For current Box customers, as many more seats (in kind) for the next 30 days to help adjust to remote work. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Box technology coaching or virtual volunteering support - find and connect with a Box platform expert for a live (in-kind) coaching session here- https://coachingcorps.box.org/
- For any other Box needs, please e-mail Bryan
- Other NetHope Member Technology discounts Available to NetHope Members only
Kaiser Family Foundation has put together a curated list of publicly available information on donor funding to date: Donor Funding for the Global Novel Coronavirus Response
Candid has created a coronavirus pop-up webpage that includes funding opportunities and RFPs. The page contains grantmakers' responses to the pandemic, news coverage, and funding opportunities. They are constantly updating the page, and will be adding to it as the need for additional information arises.
Organization-level Guidance and Resources
- Remote Worker Policies and other related InfoSec needs, compiled by the NetHope Data Protection and Information Security Working Group. Available to NetHope Members only
- Box is Supporting remote work in 2020. Box resources to help you ramp up remote work.
- TechImpact has developed a list of enabling technology resources for nonprofits during COVID-19 response.
- Cisco Meraki: Overview of setting up a work from home solution using Cisco Meraki
- For Microsoft shops: Set up and learn about the Crisis Communication sample template in Power Apps
Facilitating Remote Collaboration
- NetHope's Digital Skills Framework provides FREE tools and guidance on working virtually on our Highly Adaptive Collaboration page.
- Salesforce has created a publicly-available Trailmix on Trailhead with tips on how to work from home and maintain personal well-being during this time.
- Pluralsight course: Making Work from Home Work for You.
DATA & ANALYTICS
- Esri’s COVID-19 GIS Hub offers maps, datasets, applications, and more.
- University of Virginia Bio Complexity Institute: COVID-19 Surveillance Dashboard
- COVID-19 Open Research Dataset (CORD-19) prepared by the Allen Institute for AI in partnership with leading research groups. The dataset contains all COVID-19 and coronavirus-related research (e.g. SARS, MERS, etc.) from a number of sources and is intended to mobilize researchers.
- Tableau’s free COVID-19 data resource hub to help organizations see and understand coronavirus data in near real-time, including relevant data visualizations, curated data sources and a quick start Tableau dashboard to enable you to explore the data.
- ESRI: How to create state-wide COVID-19 infographics
- ESRI: How Your GIS Department can respond to COVID-19
On April 1, the COVID-19 and AI: A Virtual Conference will address a developing public health crisis. Sponsored by the Stanford Institute for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HAI), the event will convene experts from Stanford and beyond to advance the understanding of the virus and its impact on society. It will be livestreamed to engage the broad research community, government and international organizations, and civil society. RSVP here.
Microsoft is providing a number of solutions purpose built/re-architected for COVID-19 response. Can you please pass on the below to your members?
- BizzApps Team - Emergency Response Hub a number of key PowerApps solutions which can be relevant:
- Crisis communicator – a way for orgs to push down and consolidate information for their employees
- In Hospital emergency response – report on available beds, equipment in use, related patients and more
- The COVID-19 knowledge chatbot is in development
- Private preview for other languages coming out soon:
- Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian), French, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish , Swedish, Italian, German, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)
- Arabic is not included initially because of the RTL requirement
- For orgs working on COVID-19, we can consider access to Private Preview for the languages above.
- Health NeXT Team HealthBot – available in the Azure marketplace but can be deployed for free with permission from the team. Being heavily utilized by hospitals and government orgs throughout the US. (does require direct permission from Health NeXT team to deploy)
Project Cora – chatbot create to determine resource availability (e.g. beds) in an organization and automatically update a reporting system.
- Imagine a Ministry of Health deploying with Twilio, can daily text focal points at hospitals for updates
- Services Disaster Response - the COVID-19 Testing Portal solution which was initially implemented in Washington DC and New York and is now being rolled out in the United States. There is a Business Applications team lead by Drew Gervino who is looking to move this to a global solution. I am not aware of the specific localization plans and languages considered. The solution is built upon Dynamics 365 so my assumption is that it will leverage the product’s localization capabilities.
If NetHope members want to learn more on any of the solutions above, reach out to your Microsoft Account or Jeremy Pitman and he will identify the correct point of contact.
If you are interested in 1 Hour Call/Q&A to do a High level summary of all these, Jeremy Pitman would be the right contact the next week or two (First half of April 2020).
ICTworks has created and shared a spreadsheet that lists all of the international development conferences canceled due to COVID 19 in our sector. Feel free to add your conference if you don’t see your listed.