No Lost Generation: Harmonizing Approaches to Employment Services
Vendor: NetHope's NLG Tech Task Force
Start: Thu, Jul 20, 2017 09:00 AM
End: Thu, Jul 20, 2017 10:00 AM
No Lost Generation: Harmonizing Approaches to Employment Services is a virtual convening, presented by the International Labour Organisation (ILO), the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) and the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), in partnership with the No Lost Generation (NLG) initiative.
You can read more about the NLG initiative here.
This webinar introduces guidelines for employment services in response to the Syria crisis, aiming at harmonising approaches and increasing collaboration. Employment Services facilitate the match between job seekers and employers through a process of registration, counselling, referral and placement. They also produce valuable statistics for the purpose of policy making.
The webinar is recommended to all No Lost Generation partners working on the Syria Response, under all three NLG pillars and particularly to those in Youth & Adolescents and Livelihoods.
After the webinar, participants will be able to (a) understand the guiding principles for providing employment services, tailored to the countries affected by the Syria crisis; (b) partake in future efforts to improve collaboration between various employment service centres, focusing on data exchange, referral systems, and service quality.
- The latest guidelines on the planning and provision of employment services based on primarily on ILO Employment Service Convention (No. 88), and good practices related to job matching in a post emergency context.
- An example of employment services in Lebanon.
- The challenges and opportunities to roll out these guidelines and replicate these models in other countries of the region in a coordinated manner.
- Mark Chapple, Head of No Lost Generation, World Vision Syria Response
- Patrick Daru, Senior Skills and Employability Specialist, ILO
- Valeria Moro, UNRWA Lebanon Education & TVET Project Manager
- Solenne Delga, DRC Regional Livelihoods and Cash Advisor
About the NLG Tech Task Force
The NLG Tech Task Force was set up by NetHope and the No Lost Generation initiative (NLG) to facilitate collaboration within the international development community and between the NGO and private sector with the focus on ICT-enabled, evidence-based programs supporting the needs of refugee children and youth. NLG Tech Task Force membership is open to global and local NGOs, private sector companies, academic institutions and host governments. Sign up for the NLG Tech Task Force.