Advice & Trends in Emergency Procurement and Humanitarian Aid
Vendor: Aid & International Development Forum
Start: Thu, Jun 29, 2017 11:00 AM
End: Thu, Jun 29, 2017 12:00 PM
NOTE: This is not a NetHope-sponsored webinar and is posted as a courtesy.
Thu, June 29, 2017 - 11:00am - 12:00pm (US East)
This webinar is aimed at private sector companies looking to supply humanitarian aid and development programs and doing business with UN, bilateral and government agencies.
Key procurement divisions in the international aid and development sector will offer first-hand insights and guidance.
Webinar speakers include:
- Kenny Cheung, Chief of Procurement, World Bank
- Brian Corry, Acting Deputy Vice President, Contracts and Administration, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Good Practice in Sustainable Procurement
- Update on UN procurement
- International Procurement trends and business opportunities
- Addressing Common Contracting and Compliance Pitfalls
- Best practice and guidelines for procuring goods and services during emergency scenarios
- Value for money: monitoring and evaluating your procurement decisions
- Debate benefits and risks of social sourcing in local markets near the emergency affected area • Addressing considerations around reusability, sustainability and scalability
- Discussing specific challenges of procuring ICT solutions
- How to improve supplier relationship management and long term partnerships
Who should attend?
- Representatives of private sector companies currently supplying humanitarian and development programmes, or who are interesting in getting involved
- Procurement professionals at NGOs, UN agencies, donor and government agencies