Technology for Data Collection online certificate course
Start: Mon, Apr 03, 2017 05:00 AM
End: Fri, Apr 28, 2017 02:00 PM
Start date: Mon, April 3, 2017 - 9:00 AM (US East)
End date: Fri, April 28, 2017 - 6:00 PM (US East)
This four-week online certificate course will feature live interactive guest expert presentations with leading monitoring and evaluation practitioners, software developers, and data scientists. It will also include a unique hands-on learning environment with animated videos, technology demos, practical activities, networking events, immersive simulations and more.
As part of the course, participants will go through the process of creating a data collection plan and deploying a mobile survey. Participants will get feedback from guest experts, facilitators, and fellow participants.
Confirmed session topics, workshops, and tool demos include:
- Pamela Riley, Senior mHealth Advisor, Abt Associates: "How Feasible is SMS for Large Scale Surveys?"
- Joy Amulya & Charles Guedenet, IREX: IREX Case Studies/technology for qualitative data collection demonstration
- Dr. Christopher Robert, CEO, SurveyCTO: SurveyCTO demonstration
- Dr. Phuong Pham & Dr. Patrick Vinick, KoboToolbox: KoboToolbox demonstration
- Lissette Omuruli & Boris Maguire, Echo Mobile: Echo Mobile/data collection demonstration
- Kerry Bruce, Executive VP of Programs, Social Impact: ”Big Data: Moving Beyond Teenage Sex”
- Dr. Evan Thomas, CEO, SweetSense, Inc.: “Sensors for Data Collection”
- Denise Phelps, Director, AnthroTech Solutions: “Drones for Data Collection”
- Catherine Highet, FHI 360: “How Sexist Is Our Data? What’s the Solution?”
- John DeRiggi, Senior Data Architect, DAI: “Machine Learning for Data Collection”
- $495 if application and payment is submitted by course start date
- Group rates are available through TechChange
- Use the coupon code "mhealth395" to receive a $100 discount