Current Status of Our Response Efforts
In September, Hurricanes Irma and Maria severely impacted several island states throughout the Caribbean, including: St. Martin, Antigua, Barbuda, Turks & Caicos, and Puerto Rico. Many NetHope NGO members have responded across the region to provide aid to affected communities.
Alongside our members and partners, NetHope’s Emergency Response Team is on the ground, restoring connectivity for local government agencies, humanitarian responders, and affected communities throughout the most-heavily impacted islands.
Our Current Response Team
Global Emergency Coordination Team
- Isaac Kwamy, Director, Global Programs, Humanitarian Disaster Management, NetHope
- Frank Schott, VP Global Programs, NetHope
For the next several weeks, NetHope staff, and volunteers from our tech partners, will be restoring connectivity on the islands of Puerto Rico, Turks & Caicos, Antigua, Barbuda, Dominica, and St. Martin.
Our current team in the field:
- Rami Shakra, Director of Field Connectivity, NetHope
- Gisli Olafsson, NetHope
- Alexandra Alpert, Director of Membership, NetHope
- Christian Alfaro, Regional IT Manager for Latin America & Caribbean, Save the Children
- Philipe Dudley, NetHope and Save the Children
- Fedson Dorvilme, IT Officer, Save the Children
- Richard Dunham, NetHope
- Sam A. Perales, Wireless Network Deployment Engineer, Facebook
Crisis Informatics Team
- Gabriele Almon, Crisis Informatics Team Lead, NetHope
- Sabrina Sandler, NetHope
Photos from the Field
TO OUR PARTNERS
NetHope and NetHope members thank Facebook, Cisco, Google, Microsoft, The Patterson Foundation, Digicel, Blackbaud, and Mapbox for their generous support of NetHope’s Irma and Maria response and Crisis Informatics work.
Back to top